The Weekly Feed- Horse Immune Boosters
There are many times as horse owners we need to utilize equine immune booster supplements. From drastic weather changes, performance stress, illness, injury, or the anxiety of travel. Here are 7 great natural horse immune boosters to think about having on hand.
- Rose Hips– are a source of vitamin C and a simple natural option for immune boosting. You can feed 2 teaspoons a day with your regular grain ration, or even on top of you horse's hay.
- Dried Dandelion Leaf– is a source of potassium, and Vitamins A, B, C, and D. Of course if you have access to fresh dandelion in the spring or summer that works too, but the dried version is great to have on hand. I have seen the serving size recommendations vary. We prefer the less is more method to start with horses.
- Colostrum– mother nature's source of antibodies and immune support is great for horses of all ages. It offers an effective combination of vitamins and minerals and is a powerful equine immune booster supplement.
- BeneCell– is a proprietary blend of purified nucleotides and other essential nutrients. Because they aid in accelerating cell regeneration, nucleotides play a critical role in the body. Cell regeneration promotes faster recovery from stress. You can find BeneCell in ForeFront Equine Products.
- Longevity Essential Oil Blend- contains ingredients that score a very high 1,500,000 on the ORAC scale. This essential oil blend contains thyme, orange, clove, and frankincense essential oil. One to three drops to grain or a cookie is a great way to promote your horse's health.
- Spirulina- Also known as blue green algae. It is a powerhouse choice for boosting the immune system but can be a more challenging option to get some horses to eat. You can start with very small amounts like 1/8 of a teaspoon, then 1/4 teaspoon and so forth, working your way up to 1 to 2 teaspoons per day.
- Trace Mineral– Don't underestimate the importance of a good trace mineral supplement! In times of stress or immune boosting support, you can add a clean organic daily trace mineral option to help support the immune system.
Any of these great natural options are sure to help boost your horse's immune system. Remember, having one or more of these options on hand can help you be prepared when the time arises that you need an equine immune booster supplement.
Bonus Tip for Horse Immune Boosters-
Don't forget that over 70% of the immune system resides in the gastrointestinal tract! Keeping that in mind, here is some information for supporting and understanding equine digestion health:
- The Three Amigos of Equine Digestive Health
- Aloe Vera- A Natural Effective Horse Supplement
- 7 Natural Digestive Supplements for Horses
Don't Unknowingly Let Dangerous Digestive Problems Linger-
To be successful in improving your horse's health it is crucial to put your focus on fostering health, not fighting disease. This may sound simple and common but in this day and age it is not. So much time and attention is put on the problems and concerns instead of the solutions.
My mare struggled with #3 on the list for many years and I was told it was a behavior and training issue. I created a free pdf guide that shares 10 Tell Tale Signs Your Horse May Be Suffering From Dangerous Digestive Problems. Click Here to download your copy today.
I hope you found value in this post. Please share via your favorite social media page to help us on our mission to promote horse health and wellness. You will find share buttons at the bottom of the post.
Life is better when you're horsin’ around!